Sunday, May 5, 2013

My skincare routine

Hello there!
So after not posting for four months I finally made myself do it!(lack of free time but more than that my laziness..)
Okay not to linger anymore,lets skip straight to my skincare routine.
My skin is combination and very sensitive-my cheeks vary from normal (during warmer months) to dry (during the colder ones) and my t-zone is oily with exception of my forehead which can get dry and patchy in the winter.
Now the products I am using at the moment are:a cleanser,moisturizer,topical cream for my acne,makeup remover,makeup removing pads and thermal water.

In the morning I wash my face with Avene Cleanance Gel and after that I apply Avene Cleanance K Cream as a moisturizer.Throughout the day I apply my Avene Eau Thermal Spring Water by spritzing it all over my face 3-4 times.In the evening I put off my eye and face makeup with Nivea 2 in 1 Makeup Removing Milk and Toner using random makeup removing pads and afterwards I clean my face with Avene Cleanance Gel.After all this I apply a topical cream for my acne and blemishes - Sona gel in pea-sized amount all over my face(except the areas where I have no acne-almost non existent).All except my makeup remover and thermal water were things prescribed by my dermatologist.I have been using all these items together for a week only (some of them for a longer time) but I can already see improvement in appearance of my skin-blemishes look less inflamed...but I'll keep u posted. :))
Now a bit more about every product..

                               Avene Thermal Spring Water



What is said about this product on Avene website:Unique composition soothes and softens the skin and restores skin’s natural balance. Clinically proven by over 300 studies to calm, soothe and soften the skin. Used since 1743 in the Hydrotherapy Center to treat serious dermatological conditions such as atopic dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema.

Skin Type: All Skin Types
Available sizes:50 mL,150 mL (5.29 fl. oz.) and 300 mL
  • • Calms, soothes and softens 
  • • Rich in silicate and trace elements 
  • • Low salt mineral content does not dry out the skin 
  • • pH 7.5 – perfect balance of anions and cations 
  • • Bottled directly from the source – bacteriologically pure 
  • • Preservative-free 
  • • Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic

Dermatological care:
  • • Post surgery  
  • • Post procedure  
  • • Redness-prone skin / inflammation  
  • • Keratosis-prone, scaly skin 
  • • Eczema / atopic dermatitis 
  • • Allergic reactions / sensitive skin / irritation  
  • • Burning / stinging / itching / tingling

Daily care: 
  • • After cleansing 
  • • After shaving/after waxing  
  • • After exercise  
  • • During travel  
  • • Sunburn, burns 
  • • Diaper rash  
  • • To set makeup


Now my experience..:
I really liked this product.It's refreshing,it instantly gives my skin a 'relaxed' feeling-it stops being tight or itchy..I haven't noticed any significant improvement in terms of redness-although this product does calm it down a bit,but not as much as I would want.I like spritzing it before and after applying my makeup for achieving that non makeup-y,cake-y look of foundation.It is really refreshing during those hot summer days which are already here in my country!Overall I think it is really cheap product for the amount u get- 300 ml(u can get it in sizes of 150 ml and travel size of 50 ml) so I think you should give it a try and see for yourself!:))
I would give it 4/5 stars!


                         Cleanance Gel Soapless Cleanser



Soap-free cleanser eliminates impurities and excess sebum without stripping the skin.
Skin Type: Oily, Blemish-Prone
Available sizes:
200 mL (6.76 fl. oz.)
  • • Deep cleansing action purifies without stripping the skin 
  • • PH 7.2 respects the skin’s natural balance, minimizing the trigger of excess sebum production 
  • • Pleasant fragrance tolerated by sensitive skin 
  • • Soap-free 
  • • Avène Thermal Spring Water to soothe and soften skin 
  • • Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic 

My on this product..:
As I said earlier I use this product in the morning and evening to wash my face and I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!
Having in mind that my skin is extremely sensitive plus acne prone and combination of oily mess and dry deserts I find it hard to find a suitable non-irritating,not harsh cleanser which will properly cleanse my skin and remove all the impurities...This cleanser has cleansed my skin foaming nicely and you only need a  very small amount of it,it hasn't irritated my skin even a tinniest bit (sooooo amazing:DD!!!) and it hasn't dried it out (like most products I've used so far have).Totally recommend it!!!
I would give it 5/5 stars for quality from my personal experience.

                         

                Cleanance K Cream-Gel and Sona gel cream




Daily treatment helps eliminate clogged pores, blackheads, and blemishes to reveal a brighter, clearer complexion.
Skin Type: Oily, Blemish-Prone
Available sizes:
40 mL (1.37 fl. oz.)
  • • Calms, soothes and softens 
  • • Rich in silicate and trace elements 
  • • Low salt mineral content does not dry out the skin 
  • • pH 7.5 – perfect balance of anions and cations 
  • • Bottled directly from the source – bacteriologically pure 
  • • Preservative-free 
  • • Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic


At first I was dissappointed with this product.I thought it irritated my skin and made my acne worse.Maybe it was  because it started clearing it all up,but after couple of days it all settled.It hydrates my skin nicely (just the right amount of hydration for combo skin).I don't like the smell of it,but it doesn't bother me that much.I am still not sure was it worth buying this product so I will give it more time.

                                                                         Sona gel cream
I am officialy in love!!!After the first use,I saw improvement!My blemishes already look better and I hope that it will finally help me get rid of all my acne once and forever!It will take some patience from my side and waiting,probably around 3 months to see a more significant improvement as my dermatologist told me.I'll keep ya posted ;)

                                          Nivea makeup remover


For the price I have to say it is a pretty good product.It does the job-removes my face and eye makeup with a bit more effort-I have to go over it twice and after that cleanse but that is just fine with me since I like wearing a medium coverage foundation and concealer,sometimes powder (too lazy for that!) I have to pay the price of taking it off.It removes all eye makeup,but for that  I have to clean my eyes twice,too.It has a really nice smell to it.Overall I am satisfied with it and would give it 4/5 stars.


That would be all for now!Hope you find this helpful,and thank you for the time you've put into reading this!Till the next post
xoxo Maja :D


*Any suggestion/comment is welcome!!!:)







No comments:

Post a Comment